6.02.2010

kay's sure and creamy fudge

My dad's birthday was this last weekend, and on the list of desserts he sent me of birthday-treat ideas was "Kay's Fudge".  I was immediately intrigued!

Kay is our cousin who lives in Minnesota, and so I emailed her and asked her if she had a special fudge recipe, as that must be what my dad was talking about!

She did, and it is a lovely, smooth and creamy fudge, with a great layer of flavor coming from the two different chocolates!   I will be keeping this recipe in my recipe book for sure.  Thanks for sharing Kay!


Kay's Sure and Creamy Fudge Recipe

Ingredients:
4 1/2 cups sugar
1 (12oz) can evaporated milk
1/2 cup butter
8oz Hershey milk chocolate bars (2 large bars), coarsely chopped
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 7oz jar marshmallow cream

Directions:
In a medium saucepan, stir together the sugar, milk and butter.  Bring to a boil and boil for 5 minutes.

Remove from the heat and stir in the chocolates and marshmallow cream, mixing well.

Pour into a foil-lined and buttered 9x13" baking dish.  Cool and cut into bite-sized squares.  Store in Tupperware in the fridge!


Related Posts with Thumbnails