6.26.2012

Nutella-swirled Rice Krispies treats

Am I the only person who can't seem to stay out of the kitchen when I have way too much other stuff to do?

Like packing for a week of camp with the kiddos?

And cleaning the house so the husband doesn't have to go stir-crazy while we're gone?

And getting all the laundry and dishes done so they're not waiting for me when I get home??


Oh, I'm not?

Good.

Yesterday I decided that making Rice Krispies treats sounded way more fun than packing and cleaning.

First I made Andrew a pan of plain ones for the week (you know, so he doesn't forget about me!)...

And then I decided to make a pan of Nutella-swirled ones for you guys.


Ok, ok...  they might have been for me.  But, I totally would have shared them with you if you were here!

As it is, you'll just have to make some for yourself and pretend I shared them with you.

Nutella-Swirled Rice Krispies Treats Recipe

Ingredients:
4 tablespoons butter
1-10oz bag large marshmallows
1/2 cup Nutella
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
8 cups Rice Krispies cereal

Directions:
Line a 9x13" pan with foil and butter the foil generously;  Set aside.

In a large bowl, melt the butter in the microwave for about 40 seconds.  Stir in the marshmallows, coating with the melted butter and microwave an additional 1 minute 30 seconds, stirring after 45 seconds.

Stir the marshmallows well, until they are all smooth.  Microwave a few seconds more if they aren't smooth yet!

Drop the Nutella into the melted marshmallow mixture and microwave for another 20 seconds.

Pour in the vanilla and stir a few times, just to spread out the Nutella a bit.  Don't worry about mixing it all in.

Stir in the Rice Krispies until everything is evenly coated.  Scoop the mixture into your greased 9x13" pan and press down gently (get your hands wet and then shake off the excess water to make this process the least messy!).

Let cool for a bit before cutting for prettiest results.  Or dig in right away if you have no one to impress!



Related Posts with Thumbnails