6.06.2012

perfect fresh blended piña coladas

I was having a frustrating day the other day (ok, when is that ever not the case these days?!), and I really needed something special to cheer myself up.

I have always loved a good piña colada...  and I just so happened to have a beautiful pineapple sitting on my counter and some cream of coconut in my fridge that day!

The combination of the fresh, sweet pineapple, creamy coconut, a touch of ice cream and lots of cold ice made this an amazingly refreshing and special treat.


I have to say... I think this may have been the best piña colada I have ever had!

(Of course I was really wishing mine had a little rum in it, but it was pretty amazing even without it, so I'm not complaining!)

Perfect Fresh Blended Piña Coladas Recipe
makes 1-2 servings  :o)

Ingredients:
1/4 of a fresh pineapple, peeled, cored and chunked
1/4 cup cream of coconut
2 scoops vanilla ice cream
2-3 handfuls of ice
2oz light rum or coconut rum (leave this out for virgin drinks!)

Directions:
Blend the pineapple in your blender until smooth.  Add in the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth.

Taste and add more cream of coconut, ice or rum to your liking.

Enjoy responsibly and pretend it's summer already...  even if you live in the dreary northwest!  ;o)



Related Posts with Thumbnails