12.28.2009

when nothing works...

Today, I gave up.  I tried everything, and nothing worked.

My baby was beyond tired and miserable, and I really have no good idea why.  It started last evening, and he didn't sleep well last night, so I guess I'm not really surprised...  but that never makes it any easier!!


I tried everything!  I nursed him...  3 times.  I fed him... twice.  I changed his diaper... 3 times.  I held him and rocked him and sang to him, innumerable times!  I let him play.  I let him cry (a little)!  I changed his clothes.  I gave him water.  And ibuprofen.  And more cuddles.


Nothing worked!!

So, I gave up.  And now I am sitting in the big comfy chair, holding him, letting him nurse, and settling in for a long winter's nap.

Oh well.  I guess the laundry will still be here tomorrow!
Related Posts with Thumbnails