3.30.2011

peanut butter chocolate chip cookie dough truffles

Ok, so I obviously have a bit of a thing for truffles lately...  or dipping things in chocolate...  or whatever.  


I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing, do you?!

If you troll around food blogs like I do, I'm sure you've seen a few versions of Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles lately...

I think they are such a great idea!  Everything I love about raw cookie dough, minus the slightly-dangerous-to-eat raw eggs, and coated in a delicious chocolate shell.  Yum!

Of course I just had to try my own version of these...

I took my truffles one step further by using a peanut butter chocolate chip cookie dough for the filling...  yum!

I've got a regular chocolate chip cookie dough truffle idea in the back of my mind too, so keep your eyes open for that!

Enjoy!

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles Recipe

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/4 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 cups chocolate chips, divided (1 cup + 3 cups)
2 tablespoons vegetable oil

Directions:
In a large bowl, cream together the butter, peanut butter & sugars.  Beat in the milk & vanilla until smooth.

Mix in the flour & salt until combined.  Stir in 1 cup of the chocolate chips (this would be a good place to use mini-chocolate chips, if you have some!).  Cover the dough with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for at least an hour, or until firm enough to roll into balls.

Remove the dough from the fridge and roll into balls of about 1 tablespoon or so in size.  Place the rolled balls onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and place in the freezer for an hour or so, until very firm.

In a heat-proof bowl set over a pot of simmering water, melt together the chocolate and oil - stirring often until smooth.

Remove the dough balls from the fridge and - working quickly - dip each one into the melted chocolate with a fork, tapping gently on the side of the bowl to allow the excess to drip off, and then return to the baking sheet.

Chill again for another hour or so until set, and store the truffles in the fridge until serving!


Related Posts with Thumbnails