3.11.2011

scrumdiddlyumptious bars

...a.k.a marshmallow chocolate butterscotch blondies!


I had a hard time coming up with a name for these ooey-gooey bars (even my husband was no help on this one, and he's usually great for this type of thing!)...  nothing we came up with seemed to 'fit'.

So I turned to my Facebook page and asked my readers for help.  Here's the description I gave them to pick the name from:

"I have an amazing recipe ready to post, but I just can't come up with a good name for it! It's a blondie (basically a brown-sugar-brownie without the chocolate, if you're not familiar with the term 'blondie') & it's rich & chewy & full of chocolate chips, butterscotch chips & marshmallow...
ideas?? :o) I can't post a recipe without a name, so help me come up with one so I can share this with you!!"

The name they chose was "scrumdiddlyumptious bars" inspired by Willy Wonka (click here for the urban dictionary definition!) and I just love it!

Thanks for picking the name, Kereen!  :o)




Scrumdiddlyumptious Bars Recipe

Ingredients:
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup + 2 tablespoons flour
1 cup chocolate chips (divided - 2/3c + 1/3c)
1 cup butterscotch chips (divided - 2/3c + 1/3c)
2/3 cup miniature marshmallows

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 375ºF.  Line a 9" square pan with foil and butter the foil.

Cream together the brown sugar and butter until light and fluffy.  Beat in the egg and vanilla until well mixed.  Mix in the baking soda and salt and flour.

Mix in 2/3 cup of the chocolate chips, 2/3 cup of the butterscotch chips and the marshmallows until distributed.  Spread the dough into the prepared pan.

Bake for 25-30 minutes, until the center is just set.  Don't overbake these!  While the bars are still warm, sprinkle the remaining chocolate and butterscotch chips over the bars and let them sit for a few minutes to melt.

Spread the chips out to be a smooth frosting.  Let cool completely on a wire rack before cutting and storing in tupperware in the fridge!



Related Posts with Thumbnails