5.31.2011

nutella buttercream frosting

I just don't even have enough words for this frosting.  It is better than I could have ever imagined.


But really, Nutella + Butter + Sugar + Cream...  how can you go wrong?!

I stumbled upon a version of this recipe over at My Baking Addiction, and I just knew I had to try it.

I served this on vanilla cupcakes and in a bowl to dip strawberries in...  I could easily just sit and eat this by the spoonful, it's so good!!


Simple Nutella Buttercream Frosting Recipe

Ingredients:
1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups nutella
2 pounds powdered sugar
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1/2-3/4 cup heavy cream or milk

Directions:
In your large mixer bowl, beat together the butter and nutella until well combined.  Slowly add in the sugar and mix until combined.

Add in the vanilla & 1/4 cup of the cream, beating until well mixed.  Add more cream, a bit at a time, until you reach your desired consistency.  Continue to beat until light and fluffy!

This frosting can be made 2-3 days in advance!  Let the frosting sit at room temperature until soft again, and if needed - re-whip until fluffy!


Related Posts with Thumbnails