8.17.2011

the best salad dressing

A few years ago we quit buying salad dressing.

Except for, you know... that one bottle of ranch dressing to dip my pizza in, that is.

Instead I make this homemade dressing every week or so and we live off of it.  The whole family loves it!  

It is healthy and fresh-tasting...  and I especially love that I know exactly what's in it!  (Unlike the rest of those bottles we finally threw away!)

This is an italian-style dressing...  it's very light & fresh, but chock-full of flavor!


We call this "Daja dDressing" because I got the original recipe from my friend Daja...  I believe she said it was actually a Weight Watchers recipe, but don't quote me on that!

I have tweaked it a bit, of course, but the original idea is still there...  and so good!


Daja Dressing Recipe

Ingredients:
2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 cup freshly-squeezed lemon juice
2 tablespoons dijon mustard
2 teaspoons dried oregano
3 garlic cloves, finely minced
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes

Directions:
Measure ingredients into a jar with a securely-fitting lid.  Screw on the lid and shake vigorously to combine.  Store in the fridge for up to a week.

(If it solidifies - as olive oil does in cold temperatures - let it sit at room temperature for a little bit and re-shake!)


Related Posts with Thumbnails