5.10.2011

triple chocolate chip cookies

I was craving chocolate chip cookies and a cold glass of milk the other day.

No, I'm not pregnant (knock on wood!)...  I just get cravings sometimes!  :o)


So, anyways...  I didn't want anything fancy this time... just a simple, chewy, classic cookie studded with chocolate.

The kind that reminds me of being a kid...  and of my beautiful cookie-baking grandma!

Of course I just couldn't leave well enough alone (what?  I tried!  Really, I did!!)...  so I made these with 3 different kinds of chocolate chips.


I also used a brown sugar cookie base, instead of the usual white and brown sugar mix...  because I like the added depth and chewiness that gives.

All-in-all though, these still turned out the way I'd hoped!  Simple, comforting, and entirely too easy to consume in large quantities.  :o)

Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe

Ingredients:
2 cups flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
1/2 cup white chocolate chips

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350ºF.

In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.

In your mixer bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy (3-5 minutes!).  Beat in the eggs, one at a time, and the vanilla until well combined.

Mix in the flour mixture, just until combined.  Stir in the chips.

Scoop the dough onto parchment-lined baking sheets and bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, until the edges are lightly golden brown.


Related Posts with Thumbnails