9.23.2009

blackberry cardamom scones

I ate half the batch in less than an hour. I had to take a special trip into my husband's work, to take him some, so that I wouldn't eat them all!


Now, I don't normally post recipes that are not my own, but I am so in love with these scones... I just had to share them!

I wish you were here eating them with me. Seriously, I plan to make these every time I have company for the rest of my life!! (I know, I know... "The best laid plans...", right?) :o)

Anyways, here's the link (oh and I used blackberries instead of blueberries because that's what I have in my freezer!):


Enjoy!!

My version:

  • 2 cups Flour
  • ⅓ cups Sugar
  • 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
  • ½ teaspoons Salt
  • 1 teaspoon Ground Cardamom
  • ½ cups Butter, Cold
  • 1-½ cup Frozen Blueberries
  • ½ cups Buttermilk
  • 1 whole Egg
  • Sugar For Sprinkling

1. Preheat oven to 4oo degrees.
2. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
3. In a large bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cardamom.
4. With pastry cutter, cut in cold butter, until it is the size of small peas..
5. Stir in frozen berries.
6. In small bowl or liquid measuring cup, combine buttermilk and egg.
7. Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients until combined.
8. Using a little extra flour if necessary, knead dough 10 times. Dough will be sticky.
9. Shape into circle on lined baking sheet and press into a 12 inch circle with fingers, sprinkling with a little more flour if necessary in order to shape it.
10. Using a pizza cutter or large knife, cut into 12 wedges.
11. Sprinkle top with sugar.
12. Bake for 20 or 25 minutes until top is golden brown.
Related Posts with Thumbnails