9.23.2009

cloth diapering?? Help please!!

We're starting a new adventure in our family. Or rather, I'm starting a new adventure in our family! :o)

Due to many factors, our finances being the most pressing - of course, we are about to begin...

cloth diapering. (duhn duhn duhn duuuuuhn...)

I never thought in a million years, that I would be saying those words. I am not a green mama. Don't get me wrong, I love our planet (or rather - the God that created it!)... I prefer to feed my family as much organic, natural foods as possible and I try not to take what God has given us for granted. I'm just not that into weighing every little thing I do with how it will affect our planet.

Honestly? I believe that He will come long before the earth dies from our mis-use. But that's beside the point. I am not a green mama. Never have been, never will be. Hate me if you want. It's not gonna change.

I am, however, a money-conscious mama. And life is hitting us hard right now. I just can't stand spending $20+ a week on diapers anymore! Now, I'm not saying I will never use disposables. In fact, I will use them at least a few times a week, I'm sure. But I will not depend on disposables. I will do my very best to use cloth as much as possible, so that I can help save every penny possible for our family!

The hardest part so far? Ordering the diapers. I understand that you have to take a hit in the beginning in order to see the savings down the road. But this $100 I have spent so far hurts. Bad. And I'm pretty sure I'm not done with the initial spending for this new endeavor in our lives.

What did I decide to use? These fabulous gDiapers! I have used them a few times (with their original flushable-liners) and am excited to try their cloth version. I ordered them today, so have yet to try this whole thing out, but I am excited! (I think?!)

Now, I need your help. Please please PLEASE give me any and all advice you can think of!! What more do I need to buy? How do I store the dirty dipes between washes?? How do I best wash them? What was I thinking when I decided to do this?!????

Thank you and Goodnight!! :o)
Related Posts with Thumbnails