9.26.2009

hamburger soup... the easiest soup you will ever make!

This is a recipe my mom has made for years, and has always been one of our family favorites... an ultimate comfort food! I like to think of this as a MAN soup... as it seems to be one of the more satisfying soups for the men in my life! :o)

The simple name and ingredients hardly give a hint of the amazing flavor in this easy soup! Thanks Mom!


Hamburger Soup Recipe

Ingredients:
1-2 pounds ground beef
2 large (48oz) cans V8 juice
3/4 of a head of green cabbage, chopped into large pieces
2 cups frozen corn
various spices, to taste (i.e. onion powder, garlic powder, salt & pepper, red pepper flakes, etc.)

Directions:
Brown the beef in a large skillet and drain off fat.

Place cooked beef, V8, cabbage, corn and spices into your crockpot. Cook on Low for 8-12 hours. Serve with a little shredded cheese on top, if you'd like! :o)

I usually use Spicy V8, because my family likes spice, and that decreases the amount of extra seasonings I need, but feel free to use any!



Related Posts with Thumbnails