6.08.2010

cardamom waffles with berries and whipped cream

My blueberry craving is slowly fading, and so I actually needed to come up with something to use up the last of my berries!  These waffles were the perfect solution.  I can't wait for fresh strawberries to be ready at my local u-pick farm...  I will definitely be making these again!
Cardamom Waffles with Berries and Whipped Cream Recipe

Ingredients:
2 1/4 cups flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons ground cardamom
1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
2 eggs
2 1/4 cups milk
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla

Directions:
Whisk together the dry ingredients.  In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and whisk in the milk, oil and vanilla.  Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just blended and no large lumps remain, being careful not to overmix.

Cook the waffles according to the directions on your waffle iron.  Serve warm with lots of sweetened fresh whipped cream and berries, or cold with butter and jam!


Related Posts with Thumbnails