12.10.2010

mama cloth... day 5

TMI disclaimer again!  Guys, please scroll down and look at some recipes or cute baby pictures...  and if you don't listen to me...  don't say I didn't warn you!  :o)

I almost can't believe I'm saying this, but I love my mama cloth even more now on day 5!

I had to use a disposable pad the other night while I was doing laundry and I ended up getting up in the middle of the night when the dryer was done to switch back to one of my Lunapads because I was so uncomfortable.  I guess that means I am truly a convert now!  :o)

Ok, so I know what you're really wanting to know, now that we've talked about the comfort factor...  How do I deal with one more load of 'yucky' laundry to do?!  Well, here's the thing...  it's really not nearly as bad as you think!

Here's what I do:  I keep a wet-bag hanging in my bathroom (just like I have for our cloth diapers) and when I change pads I put the used one into the bag.  When I am almost out of pads (about every other day) I run a load of laundry.

In my front-loader, I do a soak with a capful or so of bac-out, then a "whitest whites" wash with a small amount of cloth-friendly detergent (I use Country Save) and then sometimes another rinse... if I feel like it.   I then throw the clean pads in the dryer on medium heat (with NO dryer sheets!) until they are dry.  And that's it!

Doesn't sound too bad, does it?  Even after deciding to try mama cloth, I have been nervous about the laundry part.  But it turns out I had nothing to be nervous about, and one extra load of laundry (that doesn't have to be folded, by the way!) is so worth it for the comfort and cost-savings of cloth!


Related Posts with Thumbnails