6.18.2011

peanut butter chocolate m&m cookies


Wow, I have really been slacking on posting lately!  I'm not really sure why... except that life gets a little chaotic sometimes, and things have to give here and there.

But, just because I haven't been blogging much doesn't mean that I haven't been cooking much!  (Or maybe it does?  You'll have to ask my husband!)

I was supposed to be working on a cake today that I need to bring to a surprise baby shower tonight, so of course I decided it was the perfect time to bake some cookies.  (Hey, I can multi-task with the best of them!)

I love all things peanut butter & chocolate, and you just can't go wrong with m&ms in a cookie.  These cookies have an almost brownie taste to them, but with a chewy cookie texture.  Yum!


Of course I had to switch to real butter (margarine?  really!?  Does anybody actually bake with that anymore??), but otherwise stuck pretty close to Momma Hen's recipe!  (Click here to check her recipe out.)

Peanut Butter Chocolate m&m Cookies Recipe

Ingredients:
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup unsweetened dutch-processed cocoa
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups m&ms

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350ºF.

In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter, peanut butter and sugar until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes.  Beat in the eggs and vanilla until well blended.

In a medium bowl, whisk together the cocoa, flour, soda & salt.  Mix into the creamed mixture until just blended.  Stir in the chocolate chips and m&ms.

Drop onto parchment-lined baking sheets and bake for 11-13 minutes until just set.  Cool completely on a cooling rack and store in the freezer!


Related Posts with Thumbnails