8.13.2009

am I a good mom or a bad mom?

Well, sometimes I just don’t know.

There are lots of reasons I should be considered a ‘bad’ mom… I still hold my 4 month old baby while he naps, letting him use me as a pacifier most of the time. I give him ‘tastes’ of sugary things sometimes and I give him tylenol when he seems upset. When he wakes up at 4 in the morning, I bring him in to bed with us to eat, and then let him cuddle with us until we are all ready to get up. I don’t talk outloud much all day, and I usually leave the tv on for background noise and company. I don’t bathe him everyday, and sometimes let him cry a few minutes just so I can get my coffee going in the morning.

But there are also reasons I could be considered a ‘good’ mom… the biggest being that I love my son with all my heart and would give my life for him. I hold him and comfort him and pray for him every chance I get. I sing him songs, and teach him things. I change his diapers, clean his toes, and kiss his tummy all day long. I smile at him and he smiles back. I tell him about Jesus and his family and how much he is loved. I research every single thing I buy for him, teach him, decide for him, hoping that I can find the best answers for his life and needs. I live for him.

So, am I a ‘bad’ mom or a ‘good’ mom? Both I suppose. But I guess what really matters is what he thinks... (and what He thinks!)

(and by the way, I know this is a horrible picture... but it's such a great smile!)


Related Posts with Thumbnails