8.17.2009

Nordy bars

This last weekend we went camping with my extended family... about 25 of us! I brought along some treats... blackberry and rhubarb/raspberry pies, and these bars.

I love these bars, and everyone else seemed to love them too! Several people asked for the recipe, and so I thought I would just post it here to share. Be careful with these bars... they are incredibly rich and incredibly addicting! Best served with a cup of strong black coffee! :o)



Nordy Bars Recipe
(this is NOT my personal recipe, just a version I have of the famous bars that used to be sold at Nordstroms)

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter
2 cups butterscotch chips
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups chocolate chips
2 cups miniature marshmallows

Directions:
Preheat your oven to 350 degreesF. Grease a 9x13" baking pan.

In a saucepan, melt the butter over low heat. Stir in the butterscotch chips and brown sugar until melted. Remove the pan from the heat, slowly add in the eggs - stirring constantly, and stir until well blended. Stir in the flour mixture. Stir in the vanilla, chocolate chips and marshmallows.

Spread into your greased pan and bake for 25 minutes. Cool completely and store in the fridge, or freezer! Cut small, as these are VERY VERY rich! :o) Did I say that already?

Oh, and my professional-photographer-cousin Matthew came along and took some great pics... here's a shot of all the kids that were along (including my sweet boys in the bottom right corner)! Thanks Matt! :o)



Related Posts with Thumbnails