12.10.2009

about a mop...

I'm in love. With a mop.

Wait a second, what?! I HATE to mop! I have always HATED to mop!

But, I love this mop. And I'm not afraid to admit it.



Having a baby in the house, who will soon be crawling/scooting walking/running made me realize how gross my floors really are, even when I think they're clean. And I rarely do.

You see, I threw away my old mop months (ok, maybe years) ago, and have spent the last few years cleaning my floors on my hands and knees with a rag and some good old 409... way too infrequently!

But even with all that old-fashioned elbow-grease, I never felt like my floor was getting clean. Mostly because when I was done, and the floor was dry, it still had a certain stickiness to it that never seemed to go away. No matter what floor cleaner I tried!


I hate sticky floors. YUCK! I also hate stinky floors, but that's neither here nor there. I suppose we all hate stinky floors! :o)

Anyways, I began my usual research... online, in magazines, on TV. And came across this great product... the Bissell Steam Mop! I knew I had to try it, and went online to order one right away.

Well, it showed up last night. It was all I could do not to try it out that moment, but alas - my bed won out on that struggle!

This morning, as soon as I put Bjorn down for his morning nap, I went to my kitchen, moved all the furniture, vaccumed, and then pulled out the new mop. It took all of 2 minutes to set up and be ready for use!

I then mopped my whole - disgustingly dirty, white tiled - kitchen floor in less than 15 minutes, to sparkling non-sticky perfection! Yep. Less than 15 minutes! And it's CLEAN! I would eat off of it, if I had to!

(I'm glad I don't have to, but... you never know!)

And the best part? No chemicals... at all! Just water. Water that is turned in to steam. Because, well, my baby does eat off my floor sometimes! And I'm sure your baby does too! And they really don't need any more chemicals in their lives!

There. I said it. I'm in love with a mop, and I'm not afraid to admit it. And now you know why!

Oh, and to everyone who has ever walked barefoot on my kitchen floor before today, I apologize. It won't happen again!

Related Posts with Thumbnails