12.07.2009

gross, but gratifying (Nosefrida)

This product is amazing. And gross. And gratifying. And... intimidating!
But what is it??

The Original Nosefrida Nasal Aspirator!

The what?!?

I know, I know. You've never heard of it before. Well, I hadn't either... until about 3 weeks ago, that is!

You see, I was getting desperate. My baby was on his second miserable cold of the season (one right after the other!) and I couldn't stand watching him suffer, unable to sleep, or eat, or breathe. The bulb aspirators were not helping at all, and I needed another option.

Enter Google!

I searched and read and researched and read some more and eventually came to the conclusion that this would be the best option for us to try. Mostly it came down to cost. This was WAY cheaper than all those battery-powered aspirators out there, and I kept seeing people swear by it! So, I ordered one and waited not-so-patiently for it to arrive!

When it showed up, I was in for a shock! I guess I hadn't really paid any attention to how it worked, just that it worked! When I opened the package and read the instructions, this is what I found:

"To Use:
Put the red piece in your mouth, and the blue tube against baby's nostril (not inside). The tip of the tube should form a seal with your baby's nostril. Apply SUCTION. You will be able to hear and see the mucus coming out of the nose - gross, but gratifying."

See? I didn't even make up the 'gross, but gratifying' thing! It actually says that in the instructions for this weird, wonderful product!
Needless to say, I did NOT try it out immediately. Round one of Bjorn's cold was improving, and I just didn't think the situation was desperate enough for me to perform such a gross task.

But it wasn't long before the opportunity presented itself again. A few days later, Bjorn was right back into the worst of a cold, miserable and breaking my heart. So, I pulled out the Nosefrida, bit the bullet red piece and tried it out!

It was GROSS! And intensely gratifying. AND IT WORKED!

And now I am officially sold. I will be using this Nosefrida every time one of my children has a cold. Willingly.
Related Posts with Thumbnails