4.06.2010

slow cooker southwestern veggie beef soup

I love soup.  Have I told you that before?  Oh, I have?!  Sorry...  but I do.  I just love it!  To me, nothing satisfies and comforts like a big bowl of hearty, flavor-packed, homemade soup with a big hunk of fresh bread and butter!

This soup is souper easy (haha!  I know...  I'm a dork!), and gets a huge kick of flavor and nutrients from the 'secret' ingredient...  V8 juice!  If you've never tried V8 before, it taste like... well, soup!  Any variety will work.  I buy regular flavor in the large cans, because it's usually cheaper...  but if the bottles are on sale, Spicy Hot is my favorite!!

Crockpot Southwestern Vegetable Beef Soup Recipe

Ingredients:
1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1/2 large onion, chopped
2 cans black beans, drained & rinsed
1/2 head green cabbage, chopped
2 teaspoons ground chipotle chili powder
3 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon dried oregano
2 cups frozen corn
salt & pepper, to taste
1 - 1 1/2 large cans V8 juice

Directions:
Throw everything into a large crockpot, pouring V8 over the top until your crockpot is 3/4 or so full.  Turn onto the lowest heat setting and walk away for 6-8 hours or longer!


Related Posts with Thumbnails