4.03.2010

sick. again.

I'm starting to feel like my little man is never well!  He started to get sick towards the end of our trip, and we had to leave early the last day to get him back across the border and go to the walk-in clinic in Yuma.

I was so close to losing it that last day...  My mama's-heart was breaking in two, and I was having a very hard time holding myself together.  It's so hard to have a sick baby and not be able to help them feel better!
Fortunately it was (is so far!) just a bad cold, so we were able to fly home on schedule.  He's still not doing great...  very clingy, fussy and uncomfortable, not to mention the snot-fountain in his nose, the rash and the fever!  His cough at night is sounding a little like this may turn into croup again, and I am praying so hard that it won't!
It was so painful to leave Mexico the way we did.  So many goodbye's left unsaid and hugs left un-given.  As usual, I left another piece of my heart in Mexico this year, and it will be waiting there for me to return.  It will take me a few days to sort through everything in my heart to be able to communicate it best to you...  But I will try!!
In the meantime, I am going to go snuggle my sweet, sick boy!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails