2.27.2011

homemade vinegar & honey sore throat and cold remedy

Being pregnant and/or nursing for most of the last 3 years has made cold season a little more miserable than usual...

So when my friend Nazra (who blogs over at MakeItBakeItCreatIt.blogspot.com - go check her out!) gave me this recipe that her family has used for years to soothe sore throats and help combat cold season, I had to give it a try!

I have already been taking straight shots of organic apple cider vinegar (or diluted in water) for the health benefits this cold season, but let me tell you...  it's not so fun.  So when Naz mentioned that she takes this remedy of honey and vinegar mixed with hot water, I just had to try it!

I immediately fell in love (well, as much as one can love a cold-remedy that is!) as it tasted great and every sip soothed my very sore throat!

And since I already know the health benefits of raw organic apple cider vinegar and honey (and I added a little salt to her recipe for the additional throat healing!) I know this recipe is a keeper and will be used for years to come in my family!

Thanks Nazra!!

**Click here for a website with more information on the health benefits of Raw Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar, for those of you who hadn't heard this before!!**


Vinegar & Honey Sore Throat and Cold Remedy Recipe

Ingredients:
2 tablespoons organic raw apple cider vinegar
2 teaspoons raw local honey
pinch of kosher or sea salt
boiling water, to taste

Directions:
Measure out the first three ingredients into a mug.  Pour in the boiling water, stirring well to combine.  Drink as soon as it has cooled off to 'drinkable'!  (This makes one serving.)

Take at least once a day during cold season, or more often if you have a sore throat!


Related Posts with Thumbnails