4.11.2011

2 years...

My sweet baby Bjørn,

2 years ago today, I met you for the first time.  I looked into your beautiful big eyes and counted your glorious long toes and fingers.  I held you in my arms and prayed that I would never have to let you go.


Today, 2 years later, you are such an independent wild-child that I practically have to beg for you to let me hold you in my arms.  I never could have imagined, 2 years ago, that those moments of holding you in my arms and smelling your sweet baby smell would disappear so quickly.


You are becoming more and more strong-willed every day, and you don't do anything halfway.  Stopping or even slowing down is just not something you do.  Hugs are few and far between, because it's hard to get you to stop long enough!

You do still let me snuggle you at naptime and bedtime though...  and oh how I live for those moments.  Holding you in my arms, feeling your soft breath on my neck, and hearing you ask over and over again for "MO Sus?" (more Jesus Loves Me!) completely melts my heart.

We have our struggles, you and me.  Life is not easy when you're 2, and having a baby brother too small to play with makes things even harder.

You're not talking much yet, although you are pretty good at getting your point across... and sometimes it is incredibly frustrating for you and for us.  But soon enough...  soon enough your little brother will be big enough to play with.  Soon enough you will be talking up a storm and we'll have to ask you to quiet down.  Soon enough...  we'll wish you were 2 again.

I love you so much, my sweet boy.  You are one of the best things that has ever happened to me...  You made me a mom.



Happy Birthday little man.  We are so proud of who you are and who you are becoming.  We love you!

Love, Mommy & Daddy


Related Posts with Thumbnails