8.08.2012

gooey marshmallow chocolate chip cookies

These cookies are rich, moist, incredibly chewy and absolutely irresistible.

My two toddlers were complete basket-cases just looking at these and I had to hide them as soon as they were cool to stop all the tears.


I may have needed to hide them from myself too.  Maybe.  :o)  They were good.


I have to say, one of the best parts about being blessed with some amazing meals from friends while we adjust to having a new baby in our family, is that I get to spend my precious little kitchen time on fun things like baking, instead of the day-to-day challenge of feeding my family.

There is no way I would be able to do both right now, and since baking is my sanity, I'm pretty sure those amazing meals are also helping me adjust more easily to the chaos that is our life right now!



Marshmallow Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
makes about 18 very large cookies

Ingredients:
2 cups + 2 tablespoons flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup butter, melted & slightly cooled
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 large egg yolk
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 cup chocolate chips
2 cups mini-marshmallows

Directions:
In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt;  set aside.  In a large mixing bowl, cream together the melted butter and both sugars until light and fluffy, 3-5 minutes.

Beat in the egg, egg yolk and vanilla until well combined.  Beat in the flour mixture until just combined and then stir in the chocolate chips and marshmallows.

Chill the dough for at least 30 minutes in the fridge before continuing.  Preheat the oven to 325ºF.  Line 3 baking sheets with parchment paper;  set aside.

Scoop about 1/2 cup of the dough, roll into a big ball in your hands and then gently split in two like you are cracking an egg in half.  Place the halves, craggly side up, onto the prepared baking sheets... about 6 cookies to a baking sheet, with lots of room for spreading.  Repeat with the remaining dough.

(Of course, you can make these cookie smaller...  and I am usually a small-cookie person...  but for some reason they just never taste as good to me when I make them smaller!  No idea why!)

Bake each sheet for about 15 minutes, until lightly golden brown around the edges and then let the cookies rest on the cookie sheets for at least 5 minutes before transferring to cooling racks to cool completely.



Related Posts with Thumbnails