8.17.2012

fresh, easy homemade guacamole

I am a huge guacamole fan.


Unfortunately the husband is not.

He won't touch an avocado with a ten-foot pole.  Which means I usually have to make and eat my own guacamole all by myself.  (I know...  poor me, right?!)

Well, I found an easier way to get my fix and I am loving this arrangement:

Whenever Andrew makes his amazing Fresh Pico de Gallo Salsa, I steal some and make myself a super quick, delicious guacamole.


Two amazing treats with one burst of work (mostly done by the husband!)...  works for me, especially in these crazy new-baby days.

You could also use any great store-bought fresh salsa to make this quick recipe.  But the homemade salsa really makes this extra special!

Fresh, Easy Homemade Guacamole Recipe

Ingredients:
2 large, ripe avocados
3/4-1 cup fresh pico de gallo salsa
juice of 1 lime
salt & pepper, to taste

Directions:
I am medium bowl, scoop out the avocado flesh and mash it all up as chunky or smooth as you'd like.

Gently stir in the salsa and lime juice, both to taste.  Season with salt & pepper and serve!

(Guacamole tip:  If you are not going to serve this for a few hours, save the avocado pit and place it back in the guacamole before covering.  The pit will help keep the guacamole from turning brown!)



Related Posts with Thumbnails