9.13.2012

this is just a season...

My first time joining Lisa-Jo and the mob for Five Minute Friday...

The rules are simple: no editing, no censoring, etc...  just raw, focused writing for 5 minutes.

(Side note:  This FMF is brought to you by my right hand.  My left is occupied by a sweet Baby Girl right now!)

And...  GO:

-----

It's funny to me that my first 5 minute friday post is about focus.  Focus is something I don't have much of these days.

I was just thinking about this very topic today while making dinner.  It's almost impossible to focus on anything with a loud preschooler, a rambunctious toddler and a fussy brand new baby always needing your attention.

I am amazed that I get anything done right at all, let alone trying to do something new.

I can't even tell you how many recipes I have tried to create or recreate and have failed miserably at.  I just can't focus enough to get things right.

I feel like that Strawberry Shortcake dvd my boys love so much, where Apple Dumpling is all distracted and keeps adding the same ingredients to her cake over and over again.  It doesn't end well.

Nothing ends well anymore, it seems.  My days are spent trying to survive one minute to the next and counting down the hours 'til bedtime from the minute we all get up.

I know this is a season.  I know it will pass.  I have been here before, and I will get through it again.  I just miss my life, or rather - my mind, so much.  I miss focus.

I miss being able to whip up some beautifully delicious meal or treat, knowing all the while making it that it will taste good and I will be able to share it with people I love.

I miss the confidence that comes from focus.  I miss me.

-----

Well, there's my 5 minute timer.  Thanks for giving me this space to write.  This was a fun game!  :o)

Five Minute Friday



Related Posts with Thumbnails