3.25.2010

baby breakfast...

One of Bjørn’s favorite foods, and also the easiest for us to fill him up with (he will eat a whole bowl of this stuff!) is a yogurt/fruit/oatmeal mix that I have been making for him since he started eating solids…

It’s a simple meal that packs a bunch of healthiness, and tastes great too!  (Yep, I eat it too sometimes!  Usually without the oatmeal for me, but not always!)  Store bought baby yogurt is usually chock full of sugar, just like most regular store-bought yogurts, and I like to know exactly what I'm putting in my baby's tummy...

This is really more of a method than a recipe, and you can use any fruit you want!  We use bananas a lot (just mash up one banana with a fork!) and another favorite is homemade low-sugar applesauce.  Add a little cinnamon or nutmeg and you’ve got a great treat!!
Baby Breakfast Recipe

Ingredients:
½ cup mashed fruit
¼ cup baby oatmeal
½ cup plain whole milk yogurt
¼ teaspoon cinnamon or nutmeg

Directions:
Mix together well.  Serve!  :o)


Related Posts with Thumbnails