3.23.2010

crossing the border...

This week Andrew, Bjørn and I are heading down to Mexico (actually, Bjørn and I are headed down today, and Andrew comes on Thursday!).  No, it's not a vacation...  No, we will not be at (or anywhere near, for that matter!) the beach...  No, we are not going down to build a house!  :o)

What are we doing then?  Well, we are going on a missions trip with a bunch of teens!  We will be doing VBS with the kids every day, we will be working on a building project for the community, we will be doing bible studies, crafts and cooking lessons with the women, and we will be having a youth outreach evening!  We are so excited!!

Andrew has been to Mexico twice before, I have been about 12 times, and this will (obviously) be Bjørn's first time!  Having gone on this trip for so many years, and really growing up with these people, I always feel like part of me is 'going home', and I know Andrew already feels the same way.  There's just something about this kind of experience that grabs your heart and doesn't ever seem to let go...

Can I just tell you how excited I am to see these people that I love... and to hug on these beautiful girls!
I could go on, and on,...  and on.  But I won't.  Feel free to comment here or email me if you want to know more!  And yes, I will post lots of gorgeous pictures and have lots more to say when we get back!  Prayers greatly appreciated!!!

Oh, and I will be posting while I'm gone (ah, the lovely "scheduled posting" feature!), but obviously there won't be many recipes coming up.  I hope to learn some great recipes down there to share with you when I get back, though!  :o)  I can't wait to tell you all about our trip!!
Related Posts with Thumbnails