3.17.2010

triple chip cookies

When I feel like my life is out of control, I bake.  Why?  Because baking is my sanity.  Baking brings order to chaos, and brightens a dreary day.

Yesterday, I needed to bake.  I needed to know that I could mix a bunch of carefully measured ingredients together and create something wonderful.  I needed to know that I could do something right, since I couldn't seem to make my son feel better!

These cookies have semi-sweet chocolate, butterscotch and white chocolate chips... all mixed together in a scrumptious chewy, buttery cookie.   Add a big glass of ice cold milk (or better yet, a large vat of steaming black coffee!), and you will find happiness!  At least for a moment...  :o)
Triple Chip Cookies Recipe

Ingredients:
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup butterscotch chips
1/2 cup white chocolate chips

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 375° F.

Cream together the butter and sugars in your mixer bowl until light and fluffy.  Beat in the eggs and vanilla until well blended.

In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, soda and salt and then mix into the butter mixture until just blended.  Stir in the chips.

Scoop by rounded tablespoons onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes, until the cookies are golden brown around the edges.


Related Posts with Thumbnails