11.11.2010

a letter to my firstborn...

My dear sweet baby Bjørn,

You are growing so quickly... right before my eyes.  My tiny baby boy, you are no longer a baby.  (Although you will always be my baby!)  You are a little boy now, and you are even about to become a big brother!

I was starting to get anxious for your little brother to get here.  To make his journey from protected life in my womb to the exciting world outside it.  But I woke up one morning and realized how precious and how special each of these last moments are with you as my main focus.  Life will change for us soon enough, and I am done wishing for that change to happen quicker!

Yes, I am excited and so ready for your little brother to get here, but I am also so excited to enjoy each and every moment I have with you...  just you.  I am savoring each hug, each finger-tugging request to play, to get you something, to show you something...  each time that I can respond to your needs and your desires right away, for I know that things will change so soon!

I love you so much, my firstborn son!  I could never have imagined how my life would change with you in it.  How little I would matter anymore, and how much you would matter!  Everything about you directs my every thought, my every move, my every plan...  My life revolves around you and I love it.

Soon, though...  very soon actually...  you will have a baby brother to share your life with.  Life will change, a lot, but for the better.  Definitely for the better.

I am so excited for you to meet your little brother.   Your life-long friend.  The one who will always be your friend, no matter where life takes you.  Yes, this friendship will take a little time to develop.  And yes, things may seem a little chaotic and different in the beginning, but I know you will love this new life we are about to enter!

You won't get all of my attention anymore, and you won't get all of daddy's attention...  but you will still get all the love you have gotten from the day we met you, and you will get lots of attention from the little brother who will adore you!

That's the beautiful thing about brothers and sisters and about mommy's and daddy's love...  our love doesn't get smaller or divided among you, it gets multiplied with each new member of the family!

I love being your mommy, my sweet boy!  I have loved every day, every minute that we have shared together...  and I can't wait for the rest of our days together!  Watching you grow and learn is one of my favorite things.  It's so fun to see your personality blossom, and to get to know you better.

You are such a bundle of energy!  All boy...  never sitting still, always trying to figure out what you can do next...  what you can get into, or onto...  how things work.

Cuddles with you are rare, but they are amazing and oh so thoroughly enjoyed when you decide to give them!  I am so thankful that you still like to be rocked before naptime and bedtime, even if it is only for a few minutes.

You like to snuggle into my neck, singing along with me and leaning up to give me kisses every once in a while until you fall asleep or decide you are ready for your bed.  Boy do I love those slobbery freely-given kisses!

You also love to sing and be sung to.  Right now your favorite is Old MacDonald...  You chime right in with the e-i-e-i-o's and the noises when you know them!  Another song you love is one I made up one sleepless night when you were tiny, and that I still sing to you before bed each night...  I want to write it here, since this really is your baby book, and so you have it forever.

(sung to the tune of I Love You Lord)
I love you Bjørn... and I always will!
You are my light and my life, my child.
I'll pray for you... every single day,
That God would wrap His sweet loving arms around you!

I know it's nothing special, and not fancy at all, but it is ours and I love to sing it to you!

I am so glad that you are my child.  My firstborn.  My life-changing love.  Thank you for making me a mommy.  For teaching me that life is not in my control, and love is more than enough!  I can't wait to continue on this journey with you.  I love you!

Always and forever,
Your mommy


Related Posts with Thumbnails