10.22.2011

white chocolate cranberry pistachio bark

Homemade Peppermint Bark is a holiday-season staple in our house.

Back in the day it was from Costco or even better - Williams-Sonoma...  Until one day I realized how ridiculously easy it would be to make at home and we haven't gone back to store-bought since!

But... since it's a teeny-bit early for peppermint bark around here (although I do realize how silly that sounds, since I have been enjoying my eggnog treats for a few weeks now!), I decided to make something a bit more fall-ish to satisfy my bark-craving!


White chocolate, of course, because the Hubs loves white chocolate.

Dried cranberries & orange zest, because I love those...

And roasted pistachios because...  well, because I had some in my cupboard and it sounded like a good combo!

All-in-all, I'd say this one is a winner!  Definitely pretty and a fun treat to serve guests...  this will for sure be on our Thanksgiving table this year!

White Chocolate Cranberry Orange Pistachio Bark Recipe
adapted from brown eyed baker

Ingredients:
3 cups good-quality white chocolate chips
1 tablespoon orange zest
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup pistachios (shells off, of course!)

Directions:
Melt the white chocolate chips in the microwave, stirring well every 30 seconds, until smooth.

Stir in the zest, and pour out onto a foil-lined baking sheet, spreading to about 1/4" thick.

Sprinkle evenly with cranberries, cherries - if using & pistachios and refrigerate for a few hours until completely firm.

Peel off the foil and break into chunks.  Store in Tupperware in the fridge!

Related Posts with Thumbnails