4.10.2012

sesame garlic green beans

I got this recipe from my sweet midwifriend (yes I know I made that word up!) recently and I absolutely fell in love with it the first time I tried it.

Sautéed green beens, loaded with garlic and sesame...  super simple, healthy and packed full of flavor!

I'm pretty sure I could eat this every day.  Or at least every other day.  :o)


Even Haakon, my little 1 year old munchkin, can't stop eating these and finished off half my plate-full last night!


This is more than a method than an exact recipe, since it all depends on your tastes and how many green beans you plan to cook, so you can't really go wrong with this one!

Try it out and see if you get as hooked as I am!

Sesame Garlic Green Beans Recipe

Ingredients:
fresh green beans, trimmed
olive oil or coconut oil for sautéing
lots of fresh minced garlic
sesame oil
lightly toasted sesame seeds
salt & pepper, to taste

Directions:
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Toss in the green beans and sauté until the beans are starting to get golden and crisp (don't let them get to the mushy stage!) toss in the garlic and let cook for a few seconds.

Remove from the heat, drizzle with a bit of sesame oil, toss with the toasted sesame seeds and season with salt & pepper if you'd like.  Serve immediately!



Related Posts with Thumbnails