4.03.2012

slow cooker beef bites with gravy

Well, we're back from the doctor and Bjørn is officially getting better!!  His pneumonia is healing and hopefully with another week of his antibiotics he will be back to his normal peppy little almost 3 year old self!

YAY!!!

To celebrate this wonderful news, I slaved away all afternoon on this flavor-packed, hearty comfort-food.


Just kidding.  I'm still exhausted.  All I did was throw a bunch of stuff in the slow cooker in the morning and this wonderful meal was waiting for me at dinnertime!

I would have slaved away, really I would.

You know, if I had gotten any sleep at all in the last 2 weeks, or if I didn't have kids that needed my attention, or if I didn't have a million other things that needed to get done...


Like catching up on my blogging and my reading.  Important stuff, you know!  ;o)

So, anyways...  since I know you love easy meals as much as I do, and this one turned out so great, I wanted to share it with you!!

Enjoy!

And thanks again for all your patience with me lately.  I will be getting back to normal (whatever that is?!) soon, I promise!

Slow Cooker Beef Bites with Gravy Recipe

Ingredients:
2 pounds beef stew meat
1/2 large onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced (optional)
12oz, or so, fresh mushrooms, cut in half
1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
                      (or use homemade 'cream of' beef soup* like I did!)
1 cup beef stock
a few dashes worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon browning seasoning (optional for color)
salt & pepper, to taste

Directions:
*To use the homemade 'cream of' soup, substitute beef stock for the chicken stock in this recipe.  If you've never made your own condensed 'cream of' soup, you'll be amazed at how quick and easy it is!  No need to buy those cans anymore!!

Place all the ingredients into the slow cooker, stir well to coat and cook on low for 8-12 hours.

Serve over mashed potatoes...  with a side of steamed corn, if you're feeding my husband!



Related Posts with Thumbnails