10.19.2011

triple-chocolate peppermint hot cocoa mix

These cute & easy jars of triple-chocolate peppermint hot cocoa mix mark the beginning of my Homemade Christmas Gift testing & making for the season!


Actually, I guess I started it a while ago when I made my Homemade Vanilla Extract...  but that was just an early start thing.  Now the fun really starts!


I have so many fun ideas for this year's Christmas gifts!  Some are projects for Navy and I to work on together...  and the rest are projects for just me.

(Little tidbit about me:  I'm not so good with help in the kitchen... something I am working on and need to be better about, especially with kiddos who want to help...  but it's so hard!)

This is by far one of the most fun and easiest gifts to make and would be a great kiddo-helper task!


Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips are available mostly at the holidays I think...  I love them, so I stock up when I can find them so I can use them all year long.  


Especially in my Chocolate Peppermint Candy Cookies...  my favorite cookies ever!

(Oh...  each jar makes about 6 servings.  Unless you want a huge mug or multiple servings.  :o)  I am about to go make another mug-full...  as soon as I get done writing down this recipe for you!)

You can double this recipe to put in one quart-sized jar if you want a bigger batch!

Layered Triple-Chocolate Peppermint Hot Cocoa Mix Recipe
adapted from my recipes
recipe makes 1 pint-sized jar

Ingredients:
1/2 cup powdered milk
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
1/4 cup andes peppermint candy baking bits or
     3 tablespoons crushed candy canes
     1 tablespoon chopped white chocolate
1/4 cup mini marshmallows

Directions:
Layer the ingredients, in the order shown, in a pint-sized jar... using just enough marshmallows to fill up the jar so the contents don't move around too much when sealed.

Include these directions on a cute little tag or label when giving these as a gift:

"Mix contents well in a large bowl.  For each serving, place 1/3 cup cocoa mix in a mug.  Add 8oz of boiling water, stir well."

Related Posts with Thumbnails