2.12.2012

thoughts on God and potty training

I knew this would be hard.

But I had no idea it would be this hard.

I knew that there would be tears and frustration...

But I didn't know that I would be the one weeping and feeling like giving up.

Sometimes feeling like it's hopeless...  like he will never get it.

And I can't help but wonder if this is how our God feels about us sometimes.

If he weeps and feels like giving up when we just can't seem to get it...

No matter how hard He tries.


But you know what?

He never does give up on us.  Just like I won't give up on teaching my son to use the potty.

I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that he will get it some day.  In his time, when he's ready.

And I will love him and teach him through this until that day.

We're not there yet.  And sometimes I can't see through the fog of frustration and doubt...

But I know that the sun is still shining even when I can't see it.

And I know that this too shall pass...  

Even though it doesn't feel like there will ever be an end in sight!



Related Posts with Thumbnails