10.25.2011

little stars with peas & parmesan [new favorites challenge]

This is a very simple recipe, but sometimes - especially in a house full of kiddos - simple is just what we need.



(My boys loved this meal, especially Haakon... who just couldn't seem to get enough!)


For this week's New Favorite Challenge cookbook (we're on week 6, if you're keeping track!), I chose "Everyday Pasta" by Giada DeLaurentiis.

I love Giada.  Back when I had access to the Food Network, I watched her all the time.  I own most of her cookbooks, and I have even met her in person!

(She is absolutely adorable, by the way...  as if you didn't know that already!)


These adorable little star-shaped noodles are called Stelline, and they are perfect for little eaters...  especially little eaters that love Dora as much as mine does!


I added peas because Haakon loves them.  Bjørn, of course, wouldn't touch his bowl with a 10-foot pole.

He's picky.  There were lots of tears.


And no, he didn't get a bowl without peas.  He may be stubborn, but I'm pretty sure I'm more stubborn!

Little Stars with Peas & Parmesan Recipe
adapted from Everyday Pasta

Ingredients:
1 cup (6oz) stelline (star-shaped pasta) or other small pasta
1 cup frozen peas, defrosted
4 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons butter, softened
salt, to taste

Directions:
Cook the pasta according to package directions.  Just before draining, stir in the peas and let them warm up for a few seconds.  Drain well.

Return the pasta & peas to the now-empty pot and toss in 2 tablespoons of the parmesan cheese.  Stir to coat and melt the cheese.

Add the butter and remaining parmesan cheese, stirring again to coat.  Add salt to taste and serve!

Related Posts with Thumbnails