2.03.2012

cardamom & brown sugar broiled grapefruit

Have you ever tasted broiled grapefruit before?

If you haven't, please tell me you will soon?

Broiled grapefruit is absolutely amazing.

Beautiful, warm, sweet, sticky, juicy, tart...  packed with more flavor than you ever believed possible in a simple piece of fruit!


I love grapefruit in any form.  And so when I realized that I have never tried broiled grapefruit, I was somewhat appalled at myself!

(Thanks to my sweet friend Krysta for bringing this loss to my attention!)

So, I did what any sane pregnant girl would do (wait, is that an oxymoron?)...

I ran to the store, bought a bunch of grapefruits and had myself some broiled deliciousness.

And then I did it again the next day.

And the next.

It was that good.  :o)

Cardamom & Brown Sugar Broiled Grapefruit Recipe

Ingredients:
1 grapefruit
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
tiny pinch of salt
1 teaspoon butter

Directions:
Preheat the broiler on High.

Cut the grapefruit in half and place on a rimmed baking sheet.

Sprinkle each side equally with the brown sugar, cardamom & salt and then dot with a few little dabs of butter.

Broil for 4-8 minutes, until the top is bubbling and starting to brown in spots.

Serve warm or at room temperature!



Related Posts with Thumbnails