5.04.2012

almond joy granola cookies

I know I told you there wouldn't be any more recipes until I got home but, while I was supposed to be packing in the last hours before we left for our trip the other day, I was overcome with an incredible urge to bake.

I don't usually ignore those urges.  And that is usually a good decision!


This is a recipe of my Grandma's that I have passed over in my recipe book for years, but for some reason have never made.

Now I am just baffled about what took me so long...

These cookies are soft, chewy, moist and chock-full of energy and deliciousness!  They travel well, and pack more of a filling-punch than a most cookies.

We all loved them!


My grandma's original recipe (not sure where she got it from!) called for raisins and pecans instead of coconut and chocolate... but since I was using my homemade Coconut Almond Granola and needed a bit of chocolate in my life, I made a switch and it was a good one!

Almond Joy Granola Cookies Recipe

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon water
1 large egg
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups granola
1 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup flaked or shredded coconut
1/2 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350ºF.  Line 3 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.

In a large mixer bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy.  Beat in the water, egg and vanilla until smooth.

In a small bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda and salt.  Mix into the butter mixture until just combined.  Stir in the rest of the ingredients.

Scoop the dough out onto your prepared baking sheets and bake for 13-15 minutes, until light golden brown on top.

Transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely and store in tupperware!



Related Posts with Thumbnails