5.25.2012

gluten free cinnamon chex bars

I was so excited when I found out that Kraft Jet-Puffed marshmallows are gluten free!

(It's the little things, right??)

Marshmallows are one of Bjørn’s favorite treats ever (oddly enough he has always called them “booah’s”, which is the same name Haakon has for his beloved blankie!).

The rest of us love rice krispies treats, so I knew they would be an essential part of our gluten-free happiness around here!


Chex cereals are all (except Wheat and Bran, of course!) gluten free and the cinnamon flavor is so good (I think it tastes like cinnamon toast crunch, only crispier and better!)… so they were the obvious solution to our Rice Krispies dilemna.

(Yes, I know that they make Gluten Free Rice Krispies, but I have yet to see them in any of our stores and I look all the time!)

I can’t wait to try this with all the different Chex flavors (chocoalte anyone??) and someday with the GF Rice Krispies if I can ever find them!

Now, obviously these are just as great for gluten-eaters...  They don't have any tricky ingredients and they taste amazing no matter what your reasons for making them.

I just love that they are gluten free for my gf-for-now boy!  :o)


Gluten Free Cinnamon Chex Bars Recipe

Ingredients:
2 tablespoons butter
20 large Kraft Jet-Puffed marshmallows
4 cups Cinnamon Chex cereal (or any gf Chex flavor!)

Directions:
Butter an 8” or 9” square pan.

Melt the butter in a medium pot over medium heat. Stir in the marshmallows to coat and cook, stirring often, until melted and smooth.

Remove from the heat and stir in the cereal until well coated.

Press the mixture gently into the greased pan. (Get your hands damp with cold water to keep the bars from sticking as you press them down!).

Let them cool for a few minutes before cutting. Store in an airtight container for best results!

(This recipe can easily be doubled… Tip: 40 large marshmallows equals one 10oz bag!... I just find that we will eat however many of these I make, so I try to help us all out ahead of time unless we are having company!)



Related Posts with Thumbnails