7.16.2012

homemade chili seasoning

Apparently one thing I have been craving this pregnancy is chili.


I can't even count how many times Andrew has made his famous Man Chili for me these last few months, and I always have intentions of freezing some for later but it disappears to fast!

With all that chili that making, it was only a matter of time before we ran out of chili seasoning blend and had to make our own.


I am super impressed with how this recipe turned out and I'm going to be making a nice big batch next time I get to a store with bulk spices!

The recipe below will make enough for 2 batches of Andrew's Man Chili...  (We make large batches of chili so we can freeze some...  this would be enough for probably 4 batches of regular chili!).


I will probably at least double this next time I make it, if not more, since this seasoning will also work great for tacos and more!

Homemade Chili Seasoning Recipe
adapted from My Baking Addiction

Ingredients:
4 tablespoons mild chili powder
2 tablespoons ground cumin
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons pepper
2 teaspoons paprika
1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder (use less if you don't like much spice!)

Directions:
Measure everything into a bowl, whisk well to combine and then transfer to a small jar or spice container for storage.



Related Posts with Thumbnails