12.02.2011

Happy 1st Birthday Haakon!

One year ago today, I was holding a sweet, kissable little bundle of joy in my arms after 12+ hours of the most trying and at the same time empowering experience of my life.


You changed me, my child.  Working with you, at our own pace finding your way into this world... something powerful and formerly hidden was written on my heart.

I found strength I never knew I had.  Faith I never knew could be so deep.  And peace that I never even believed possible.

All because of you.  All because God gave me you and our journey to mold me into who I am today.

Thank you for being such a great partner in that process...  as unaware of your role as you may have been!

Happy 1st Birthday, my sweet boy!

(Please excuse the runny nose...  You are getting 3 molars right now, 
and there's just no stopping the drip that accompanies that process!)

You are such an incredibly light in our lives...  sometimes I can hardly believe we have been so blessed to have you in our lives.

You smile.  Always.  Even when you're miserably teething or sick, you peak out a smile now and then because you just can't help it.

You already love to make people laugh and you are such a charmer.

I just can't wait to see who you grow up to be!  (But don't grow up too fast, okay?  This year went by way too quickly for me!)

We love you so much.  In fact, everyone seems to love you so much.  You definitely have the gift of bringing joy to people's hearts!

I pray often that God will use that joy-bringing gift for His glory in you.  That you will find a way to minister through that gift you have been blessed with.

You are amazing, sweet child of mine.

We love you forever!

- Mommy & Daddy

Related Posts with Thumbnails