12.01.2011

fudgy york peppermint patty brownies

This is another version of my favorite fudgy dark chocolate brownies recipe.  Fudgy, rich dark chocolate brownies with creamy peppermint patties hiding under a layer of pure chocolate.


Drooling yet?

I know I am!

{Please excuse me while I go steal another brownie out of the freezer where I hid them.  Maybe I'll even put a scoop of coffee ice cream on top of it...  hmmm...}

Fudgy York Peppermint Patty Brownies Recipe

Ingredients:
3/4 cup dutch-processed cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2/3 cup butter, melted & divided (1/3 cup + 1/3 cup)
1/2 cup boiling water
2 cups sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon peppermint extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/3 cup flour
40 miniature-sized York peppermint patties
2 cups chocolate chips

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350ºF.  Grease a 9x13" pan and set aside.

In a large bowl, whisk together the cocoa powder and baking soda.  Whisk in 1/3 cup of the melted butter until smooth.  Whisk in the boiling water until thick.

Whisk in the sugar, eggs, remaining 1/3 cup melted butter and the peppermint extract until blended and smooth.

Stir in the flour and salt until just thoroughly mixed.  Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan.

Lay the unwrapped peppermint patties evenly all over the top (you should be able to fit 8 rows by 5 rows).  Bake for 35-40 minutes, until the brownies are just set and starting to pull away from the edges a tiny bit.

Immediately sprinkle the 2 cups chocolate chips evenly all over the top of the hot brownies.  Let them sit for about 5 minutes, until they are all shiny, and then spread evenly with the back of a spoon.

Cool completely for prettiest results, although I must admit I rarely have the patience for that!  :o)



Related Posts with Thumbnails