12.03.2011

peanut butter oreo bites

Classic, crunchy Oreo cookie crust...  creamy, smooth peanut butter with a hint of milk chocolate and butterscotch on top...  These Peanut Butter Oreo Bites are good.

Really, really good!

(Yes, those are little fingerprints you are seeing on the top of these...  
Trying to photograph a plate of yummy-looking candy 
with two little toddlers around and no adult back-up is not exactly an easy thing...
And the second I put the camera down this plate was half empty!)  :o)

I may (or may not) have just eaten half the pan in one sitting.  I'll never tell.

I haven't been feeling well the last few days.  I think I have a miserable cold starting in my chest and it's wearing me out.

I just can't seem to stay out of the kitchen though, and after making 2 big pots of soup yesterday (which means I have no excuse to cook today when I should be resting!), I decided to whip up a little treat for a friend coming over to visit.

These are super-quick and easy.  Seriously, 5 minutes from start to finish...  and then a few hours of chill time.  Easy-peasy!


Give these a try next time you're too sick to get all fancy in the kitchen.

Or, you know, if you just need a quick treat or a peanut butter fix!!

Peanut Butter Oreo Bites Recipe
adapted from lauren's latest

Ingredients:
16 regular Oreo cookies
4 tablespoons butter, melted
3 tablespoons butter, room temperature
3 tablespoons milk chocolate chips
3 tablespoons butterscotch chip
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/3 cup powdered sugar

Directions:
Line an 8" square pan with foil, and then butter the foil.

In a gallon ziploc bag, crush the oreos until they are fine crumbs.  Pour the melted butter into the bag, re-close and mix up well.  Press into the prepared pan.  Place in the fridge to chill while you make the topping.

In a medium microwave safe bowl, melt together both types of chips, the 3 tablespoons butter and the peanut butter.  (Cook on HIGH, stirring well every 30 seconds until melted and smooth).

Spread evenly over the chilled crust and return to the fridge to set for 2 or more hours.  Remove from the pan and cut into little square (tiny little squares...  these are RICH!).

Store these in the fridge in an airtight container!



Related Posts with Thumbnails