1.12.2012

apple cinnamon slow cooker steel-cut oatmeal

Steel-cut oats, cooked all night in the slow cooker with apples and lots of cinnamon...  breakfast has never been so easy and the house smells amazing when you wake up!


We all know I love my oatmeal.  Especially when it's steel-cut and slow-cooked.

This version is a kicked-up version of my original...  I must say, I am a classic girl and the original version is still my favorite, but the kids loved this one and I'm sure I will be making it often!

Oh! ... this oatmeal reheats wonderfully, so even if you are making this just for you...  portion it out when it's done and store in the fridge.  After a quick microwaving with a little milk or water, you've got instant breakfast all week!


Apple Cinnamon Slow Cooker Steel-Cut Oatmeal Recipe
makes 4-6 servings

Ingredients:
1 cup steel cut oats
4 cups water
1/2 cup milk
1 large apple, cored and finely chopped
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 cup, or so, brown sugar (your preference!)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 tablespoon butter

Directions:
Dump all ingredients into your slow cooker.  Stir, turn on low and cook overnight while you sleep.

In the morning, stir again (as it will still look watery and seperated) and it will come right together and be ready to serve!



Related Posts with Thumbnails