1.16.2012

caramel peanut butter snickers brownies

Another brownie recipe?!

Yep!  Fudgy dark chocolate brownies with a swirl of luscious caramel sauce and rich gooey chunks of peanut butter snickers throughout...

Mmmmm...


It just hit me how many brownie recipes I have on here...  

It might be something of an obsession, I think.

Wanna check out the rest?  

Here are most of them, I think:

Uffda.  Do you think I need a brownie intervention?

In my defense...  I really do think these caramel snickers ones may be the best brownies I have ever made.  Snickers are never a bad thing, but I really, really love the swirl of caramel throughout.  

I don't know if I will ever be able to make brownies without that again!


(Oh and for those of you who were wondering...  yes, my camera is still broken.  No, I have not gotten a new one yet.  My husband found his old point and shoot, and it's working just fine for now.  I'm really hoping it holds out long enough for me to save up for the camera I really want, instead of just having to buy what we can afford right now!)

Caramel Peanut Butter Snickers Brownies Recipe

Ingredients:
3/4 cup dutch-processed unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2/3 cup butter, melted & divided (1/3 cup + 1/3 cup)
1/2 cup boiling water
2 cups sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/3 cups flour
1 cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup caramel sauce*
10 snack-sized Peanut Butter Snickers squares

Directions:
Preheat your oven to 350ºF and butter a 9x13" glass baking dish.

In a large mixing bowl, stir together the cocoa and baking soda.   Stir in 1/3 cup of the melted butter until smooth.  Stir in the boiling water until the mixture is smooth and thick.  Stir in the sugar and eggs with the remaining 1/3 cup melted butter, vanilla & salt.

Place the chocolate chips in a small bowl and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of the flour, tossing to coat.

Into the chocolate mixture, stir in the remaining flour until just smooth.  Stir in the flour-coated chocolate chips and spread the mixture into your prepared baking dish.

Drizzle the caramel sauce all over the top of the batter (*I use my homemade caramel sauce, but any good caramel sauce would work!).  Cut the Peanut Butter Snickers into quarters and press them all evenly over the batter, pressing them down gently.

Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the edges start to pull away from the pan.   (It's always better to under-bake than to over-bake brownies!) 

Enjoy with a big hot cup of coffee, or a cold glass of milk!



Related Posts with Thumbnails