9.29.2011

mini corndog muffins

We all know that we can never really improve on a state fair corndog, but this sure is a good substitute! (And a whole lot better than the bake-at-home ones we buy at Costco!)


I saw a version of these muffins a few days ago and was instantly intrigued.  Then the husband emailed me a picture of these same corndog muffins and said "you should make something like this!"...  I guess that was a sign I should get down to it!

My house-full of boys love corn dogs... (Oh, who am I kidding?  I love corndogs!) so I just knew these would be a hit!

Mini Corndog Muffins Recipe
adapted from Lick The Bowl Good

Ingredients:
2 boxes Jiffy cornbread mix
2 large eggs
2/3 cup milk
6-7 hotdogs, cut into 1/2" pieces
1/2 cup, or so, grated cheddar cheese

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 400ºF.  Grease a mini-muffin pan.

In a large bowl, stir together the cornbread mix, eggs & milk until just combined.  The mixture will still be lumpy.  Stir in the hotdog pieces until just combined.

Fill the muffin-tins about 3/4 full and top with a pinch of grated cheese.  (You may have a bit of the mixture left over.  I made one tiny loaf pan-full with my leftovers.)

Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the muffins are lightly golden brown.  Let them cool a few minutes and then serve with your favorite corndog condiments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails