9.02.2011

in which there is hope...

Why do we know what we want to do, how we want to do it, who we want to be...

Yet we just can't seem to get there?

Our dreams, our goals, our desires...

Seemingly so close, yet always just out of reach.

I want to be a better mom.  I want to be a better wife.  I want to be a better daughter, sister & friend.

I want to show my kids, by example, what they should strive to be.

I want to point them to Jesus.


But so often I am afraid that the only things I am pointing them to are all of the ways not to be.

All of the things not to do.

All of the words not to say.

Unfortunately...  I fail.  I hurt them.  Everyday.

I hurt myself.  Everyday.  And I hurt HIM.  Everyday.

But, I will continue to try harder!

I will reach for that maybe unattainable goal, but never give up on the trying.

I will teach my kids that they may never be able to keep from falling, but they can always ask forgiveness and try again.

There is hope.  There is always hope.


Related Posts with Thumbnails