9.30.2011

white bean & basil hummus pasta

I found some beautiful White Bean & Basil Hummus at Trader Joe's yesterday, and as I was munching on it with my usual rice cracker dippers I couldn't help thinking how great it would be on pasta!


I actually couldn't stop thinking about how good any hummus would be on pasta, and I plan on making some mediterranean hummus pasta soon with my Copycat Trader Joe's Mediterranean Hummus Recipe!

Since this hummus already has basil in it, I decided to load up the pasta with more fresh basil.  And then... since we all know I can't leave well enough alone... I drizzled in a bit of garlic-infused olive oil (also from Trader Joe's!) and topped it with lots of freshly grated parmesan!

YUMMM!!!


I especially love that in the midst of my carb-loaded comfort-food meal, I'm also getting some great protein.  It's a two-fer!

White Bean & Basil Hummus Pasta Recipe

Ingredients:
1lb package of noodles (whatever kind you like!)
1 cup (or 1 8oz package!) hummus of your choice (TJ's white bean & basil is YUMMY!)
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (garlic or regular!)
freshly torn basil (if using white bean & basil hummus...  parsley otherwise!)
salt & pepper, to taste
crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese, optional

Directions:
Cook the noodles according to package directions and reserve 1 cup of the pasta water just before draining them.

In a small saucepan, warm up the hummus, olive oil & seasonings.  Toss in the noodles and as much -pasta water as needed to thin out the hummus and coat the noodles.  (You may need the whole cup!)

Taste for seasonings again and then toss in the herbs and cheese, if using!

(You could also toss in some toasted pine nuts...  That would be amazing in a regular hummus version!)

(If you want to try making your own White Bean & Basil Hummus... click here for a link to a great-looking recipe by weelicious!)

Related Posts with Thumbnails