9.26.2011

cardamom peach blackberry crisp

My sweet husband went out and picked me a whole bunch of wild blackberries a few days ago.

And not only did he pick them, he sorted them, washed them and froze them before I even got home!!


So, when he asked for a blackberry crisp for dinner tonight, how could I refuse him?

Of course I just can't leave well enough alone, so I decided to use half blackberries and half peaches and surround them with a beautiful hint of cardamom.

Now, if only I had some cardamom ice cream from Elevated Ice Cream Co., I would be all set!

(If you read this:  Thanks for the berries honey!  I love you!!)

Cardamom Peach Blackberry Crisp

Ingredients:
3 cups blackberries
3 cups diced, peeled peaches
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoons cardamom
3/4 cup flour
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon cardamom
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
1/2 cup butter, softened

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350ºF.  Grease a 9" square dish, or a very deep pie plate.

In a large bowl, toss together the berries & peaches (if frozen, do not thaw!) with the cornstarch, sugar & 2 teaspoons cardamom;  Set aside.

In a medium bowl, stir together the rest of the ingredients, except for the butter.  Mix the butter in with your fingers until the topping is all moistened and crumbly.

Spread the fruit into the greased pan.  Top with all of the crumble topping.  Bake for 35-45 minutes, until the top is golden brown and the juices are bubbling.

Serve warm or cold with vanilla ice cream or fresh whipped cream!


Related Posts with Thumbnails