9.20.2011

risotto [New Favorites challenge, week 1]

For this first week of my "New Favorites" challenge, I went to my cookbook-laden bookshelf and quite randomly pulled out a book.  Risotto, by Maxine Clark.  Pretty self-explanatory title there for ya!  :o)  I bought this book a few years ago on impulse and hadn't gotten around to trying any of the recipes yet!


Simple enough... I love risotto!  Something about it's creamy richness and the simple, continuously hands-on preparation just speaks to my foodie-soul.  And I just happened to have a few steaks thawing for an undetermined meal that would be great with a side of creamy, rich risotto!

Looking through the book at all the beautiful, drool-inspiring photos and recipes...  I was quickly drawn to the Artichoke & Pecorino Risotto Recipe.  It was everything I wanted...  creamy rice, rich cheese, tangy wine, earthy pan-seared artichoke hearts...  and to make things even better - I had all the ingredients I needed on hand!

Let me just tell you...  I will be going back to this cookbook again and again when I have risotto cravings!  Wow.  Just...  wow.

Want to know my all-time hands-down favorite-risotto-recipe-ever??  This Red Wine Risotto with Peas from Giada DeLaurentiis!  It is amazing!  Seriously.  Probably on my top 10 favorite foods of all time.  Quite possibly.

---

If you want to join me in this challenge...  let me know, and if there's enough interest, I'll set up a Linky here so we can easily share each others finds!

Related Posts with Thumbnails